This page contains the roadmap voor OpenConext.
Find below the intended roadmap of OpenConext as defined by SURFnet. SURFnet is at this moment the only contributor to OpenConext, see the Get involved page to help build OpenConext.
Conversion of OpenConext Installation to Ansbile
- Convert OpenConext installation scripts to Ansible to allow simpler deployment and upgrade options.
Disentanglement of SURFconext from OpenConext
- Small pieces of SURFconext have been slipped into the OpenConext code. These will be removed.
- Separate (disentangle) SURFconext configuration from OpenConext respositories.
- Removal/Rename of SURFconext from code, file locations, etc.
Enhance reliablility and predictibility of OpenConext platform
- Minimize dependencies between components and remove Single Points of Failures (running to Q4).
- Review and adapt architecture based on new functionalities/components (like SuaaS).
- Investigate on creating OpenConext Teams as a separate (uncoupled) service.
- Enhance performance (Q3):
- Monitoring and logging
- Enforce SHO value and ePPN suffix to match IdP’s domain (attribute scoping) (Q3).
Enhance customer/end-user experience
- Enhance end-user screens for speed and user-friendly (Q3)
- Improvements on end-user screens and error messages.
- Create business model introduction OpenID Connext into OpenConext (Q3).
- Introduction of Self Registration for Service Providers (Q3).